In case you don’t know me, my name is Rob. You can read my full story right here.
I started this website in order to help fellow guitarists (that’s you!) to play the music that they love. That’s it (scroll down for more about me). What makes this site different from a lot of the other guitar tuition websites out there is that:
- A) I’m not trying to scam you, or sell you cheap “how to shred” programs (which, simply don’t work anyway!)
- B) Everything I write on this site is from my own experience, and is based on my technique philosophy. This means that I will never just regurgitate what I’ve heard others say, I will only tell you the techniques that actually work in practice (and that have worked for me!)
- C) Same thing goes for any product I recommend. I would never tell you to get something/do something that I wasn’t 100% sure of!
- D) I love to focus on the real music that you love, and I’m not some stuffy old teacher who insists on teaching you classical music when you just want to rock!
Sign up now for free email updates (they’re free!) and I’ll show you how you can become the guitar player of your dreams! You also be able to download a free copy of the guitar guide “ready to rock”- where I’ll teach you all you need to know to get started on the guitar (and even some things you didn’t know…)
I’ve developed my own guitar technique through a combination of intense study and attempting to emulate the greats- the rock and metal gods. I’ve personally worked on every single element of my guitar technique so that when I come to share these “technique secrets” with you, you can be confident that these techniques are tried and tested to get the best results.
I studied music at school, which I believe gave me a solid grounding in music theory. I’ve studied the works of: J.S. Bach, Mozart, Handel…and others, but that’s not why I’m here. I- like you- prefer more modern music. So now I’m applying all the music theory and everything I learnt to make sense of and teach modern styles.
For example, did you realise that Ozzy Osbourne’s first solo guitarist (Randy Rhoads) was studying classical guitar? Or that J.S. Bach used a lot of diminished sounds in his compositions- just like many heavy metal bands do today?
I just don’t see why you should be forced into studying “old-fashioned”, classical music, when your real passion is for more modern styles!
I’ve also (informally) studied the workings of the hand on a biological level, and applied these concepts to the motions and techniques used when playing guitar. I believe this creates the most relaxed and efficient technique possible- working with the nature of your hands, not struggling against it!
Find out more about how I learnt to play guitar on this page here. You can also check out what equipment I like to use, by following this link.
- Grade 8 (pro-zone) Guitar – Rock School advanced graded exam;
- Diploma in Contemporary Music – The Academy of Contemporary Music, Guildford;
- BTEC National Certificate in Music Practice – Guildford College of Further and Higher education;
- CRB Enhanced Disclosure – Checked.
So, now that we’ve been introduced, I hope you find my website helpful for your guitar/bass playing! If you have any questions, or would like to ask about one-to-one tuition, please don’t hesitate to contact me via the form below!